Teaching with Zoom: A Conversation With UM Teachers
Need help with Zoom: here are our tips and links for teachers.
Colleagues already using Zoom have a few tips for new users.
Our top inks and immediate support can be found at Zoom Help Center
- Get your UM Zoom account https://account.icto.um.edu.mo/
- Chat in Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203650445-In-Meeting-Chat
- Screen Sharing in Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-How-Do-I-Share-My-Screen-
- Raise hand in Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129-Raise-Hand-In-Webinar#h_12b8d38d-8d78-4e5b-95f9-f43bac647f2b
- Mute in Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203435537-Mute-All-And-Unmute-All
- Annotation tools: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005706806-Using-annotation-tools-on-a-shared-screen-or-whiteboard
- Breakout rooms: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206476093-Getting-Started-with-Breakout-Rooms
- Adding zoom in moodle: https://github.com/ucla/moodle-mod_zoom/wiki/Adding-a-new-Zoom-meeting-Activity
- Recording in Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording
- Support for Zoom (from CTLE) : https://ctle.um.edu.mo/2020/02/02/how-to-use-zoom-for-online-classes/
Are you getting started with Zoom? A recent bulletin from ICTO has consolidated information on how to sign in to Zoom and use Zoom. See it at https://go.um.edu.mo/g9mjy2qj. Note that TAs who will tutor with our Zoom service should first register with ICTO, and not at zoom.us.
After consulting ICTO colleagues and the Zoom Support Desk regarding access in Mainland China, we would like to remind UM colleagues of the official addresses for academic and TAs staff there.
Academic staff who registered with ICTO can start (host) meetings from the respective page:
https://umac.zoom.com.cn (automatically redirected in Mainland China)
Academic staff can download the Zoom app from:
https://umac.zoom.com.cn//download/ (Mainland China)
I would like to add that as more work is being done online, please be alert to suspicious messages and links.
For links and information on Zoom see our page at https://ctle.um.edu.mo/2020/02/02/how-to-use-zoom-for-online-classes/ .