How to Use Zoom for Online Classes
With Zoom, we can:
- Give live lectures online, which is facilitated by sharing our computer’s screen or PowerPoint slides;
- Have live discussions (video or texting);
- Record a zoom meeting, or parts of it. Video recordings can then be edited and uploaded to a course on UMMoodle.
Getting started with Zoom
How do I get my UM Zoom Account?
Academic staff will be granted a Licensed Zoom account by ICTO for this semester. The license allows for meetings with up to 300 participants and for an unlimited duration. https://icto.um.edu.mo/communication-collaboration/conferencing
First-time users in the Mainland can download the app here: https://umac.zoom.us/download
Make sure that you select the Zoom Client app (Zoom 会议客户端)
Are you having problems logging into Zoom? Is there a password for the Zoom meeting?
Please refer to the following “FAQs” from ICTO: Sign in, Create meetings; and Join meetings (for students).
How do I get started with Zoom?
- Students and teachers can join an online meeting by clicking on a link in UMMoodle or a message.
- Remember: first-time users need to download the Zoom app, which will then open when a meeting link is clicked.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting for each course in UMMoodle?
You can schedule meetings in your course by adding a Zoom activity and configuring the meeting date/time, duration etc. Refer to a video tutorial or guide on this page.
How do I know if my audio and video are clear?
Check your audio and video settings
- Click on the ^ button beside the microphone. Check out this video tutorial, “test video.”
- Option: join a test meeting if you want to test your audio and familiarize yourself with meeting controls.
How do I run lectures online?
You’ll need to know how to navigate the Zoom app, which is quite simple.
- Make sure your mic and camera are switched on.
- Make sure your students are all online. Click the PARTICIPANTS button and you’ll be able to see who’s here and who’s not. Note: Teachers can turn off students’ microphones and/or video feeds, if needed.
- Find a view that works for you: switch to gallery view or speaker view. If you are sharing your screen see this guide.
What should I do with a video conference?
We recommend keeping online lectures short and concise. Consider:
- 20-30 minute video conference session
- Followed by 20-minute student activities/forum discussions/quizzes on Moodle
- And then another video conference session, where you can respond to students’ posts and questions, give feedback to their work, conduct further lecture or discussion.
- We have different teaching styles and preferences, therefore feel free to try different approaches when you conduct video conference sessions, such as straight-up conversations with students, talking over PowerPoint slides, showing images, talking over documents etc.
How do I conduct discussions on Zoom? Is it all verbal, or is text available?
Yes, we can certainly conduct discussions, spoken or textual.
- For text-based discussions, open the chat window. Tutorial here.
- Send messages to all.
- We can also share files in the chat window.
- A recommendation: Please do take a break from lecturing. Students can go to a discussion forum on UMMoodle and make posts. Then everybody come back for another video conferencing session and the teacher can continue with further discussion or give feedback with reference to posts made by students
Can we share our computer screen?
- Yes, click on the share button and select your desktop. Check out a tutorial video
- Or, share one Window, e.g. a PowerPoint presentation.
Can I make a recording of a Zoom meeting?
Yes, we can record the meeting as a video to Zoom’s cloud. Please check out the guide here. The start and end points of cloud recordings can be trimmed.
Can I put the video link to UMMoodle?
Yes. To do this, you can add a “Label” from “Add an activity or resource” button in UMMoodle, and copy the video link and access passcode from email received from Zoom to the label text.
Some further information prepared by ICTO:
For help signing in to Zoom, please contact ICTO Help Desk at 8822-8600 or search ICTO Knowledge Base.
To learn about the features of Zoom, search support.zoom.us/hc/en-us or support.zoom.us/hc/zh-tw.