Digital Learning Commons
The Digital Learning Commons (E6-3113) is dedicated to the production of educational video and audio that has enduring educational value and is open to UM staff and teaching assistants interested in learning more about educational technology and its purposeful use in teaching and learning. Workstations in E6-3113 can be reserved for video or audio production activity for up to 2.5 hours per day.
- Lectures, presentations, video and audio recordings can be created on a PC using Office Mix for Powerpoint or OBS Studio.
- Video or audio editing can be done on an iMac computer using Final Cut Pro X or Adobe software.
Equipment available for use in E6-3123
One workstation is equipped with:
- 27” iMac with an external display
- Final Cut Pro X 10.4
Another workstation is equipped with:
- PC with Windows 10 and OBS Studio and Office Mix for PowerPoint 2013
- Video camera USB 3.0 Telycam TLC-300-U3 (for use with Windows computer)
- USB studio condenser microphone Samson C03U
- Touchscreen monitor 22″ Planar Helium
- Video editing software Adobe Rush (upon request)
Request to use a workstation in this room by clicking on a date on the event calendar below. Please provide your name, email address, etc. Staff and teaching assistants can reserve a workstation for a maximum of 3 hours per day.*
*Note that for security purposes this application form can only be completed on campus or using UM SSLVPN. Also, be aware that this booking service is hosted on Google Calendar, which is not hosted on a server in Macau. Please note that the names and email address provided will be passed to the service provider in order to create the request.
Inquiries can be made in person, by email and by telephone at email@example.com or 8822-4583. Please contact Chris Fulton for workshops for small groups or individual consultations. His consultation hours are on Wednesdays.